hat would make your podcast better next year? Here are my top 4 tips on how to reflect to get better results from your podcast.
You want results, right?
Okay, then let’s get into it.
I released this episode right before the end of 2021… but don’t lump me in with all of those ‘new year’s resolutions’ types. That ain’t me.
But, I will admit. This time of year does serve as a good reminder to reflect on what you’ve done so that you can revamp and get the results you’re looking for.
In this episode of Just One Tip, I’m sharing my top 3 (okay 4, since you’re counting) tools for reflecting on how your show is doing. And, by ‘how your show is doing’ I mean, how well your show is delivering on your specific KPIs. If you’re going after audience growth, how are your downloads? If you want to develop loyal fans, how’s your engagement? What about leads? Traffic to your website? Invites to speak? Sales? Offers of unconditional love… look, I don’t know what you’re going for here… so judge for yourself. Look at yourself. That’s why it’s called reflecting!
Here’s how I CAN help. Here are my top 3 key things you should be reflecting on about your podcast so you can get results.
1. Check Your Stats for Traction. There are four places I like to look to determine which shows had the best traction:
- Titles (which titles generated the highest plays)
- Topics (what were listeners loving)
- Time (what length of show generated the most plays)
- Talked About (which episodes were the most shared). These four things will help you determine what you should be doing more of in the new year.
- BONUS: There are a lot of SEO tools you can use to help you determine which shows drive the biggest results but one simple option we like to use is Google Search Console. This helps us understand the keywords that are working in delivering new listeners to the website (and podcast).
2. Customers and Clients. If you’re podcasting for your business, then reviewing your clients for the past 12 months can really help you align your podcast… or re-align it as the case may be. Do you know who you want to be talking to (and is it who’s showing up)? Take a look at your client list.
- If they’re just the kind of clients you want to attract? Keep doing what you’re doing.
- If they’re not the kind of clients you want, adjust your content accordingly.
- If they’re finding you through your podcast, hiring you because of the podcast, or see your podcast as proof that you know what the hell you’re talking about, HUZZAH, your podcast is working.
- If your podcast is not attracting clients, building authority or serving as social proof… you need to revisit what you’re doing!
3. You. Yes, it’s time to check in on you. Ask yourself, ‘how you doin?’ This is especially true if you’ve been podcasting for a while. Are you showing up 100% for every episode? Is the passion still there? Are you doing everything you can to serve your listener? Are you letting little things slip (Oops, I was talking into the wrong mic, oh well… good enough)? You might want to actually listen to a few episodes for this reflective exercise.
Now, here’s the hard part. It can be hard to objectively reflect on your own podcast. I mean, you’re in it. It’s your blood, sweat, and tears. It’s your baby. That’s why I offer my free 15-minute coaching calls. I can be the truth-teller you need to hear. I can hold up that mirror. I can help you see what’s right in front of you so you can get out of that rut and get the results your looking for (and your business needs) from your podcast.
Yep, that’s reflecting tip #4. ME. All you have to do is click here to access my calendar and book your free 15 minute coaching call. More clarity is just a click away, book your free 15-minute coaching call in the show notes of this episode or by going to podcastperformancecoach.com.
Let’s get you set up for success with your podcast.
Book your FREE 15-minute coaching call here:
Don’t need my help but LOVE all of the fresh and tasty tips I deliver?
Why would you ever want to miss an episode. I mean, each episode literally makes your show better!